Friday, January 28, 2011

The Baron's Late Christmas Letter

Just like most of the people in my family I’m really bad at getting my Christmas Letter done. Since I sent out Christmas Cards I’ll use my blog to post my letter. 2010 was a great year.

The Baron started the year in the Outer Banks at the Almand Joy. It was a great weekend of partying with some of his closest friends. It started out great from the first day of the year. I was able to meet Danny McBride, many of you may know him as Kenny F****** Powers. He was a cool about us wanting to say hi and took a group picture with us.



The common theme of the year seemed to be weddings. I was invited to 5 and was in 4 of them. A family friend Alex Weakley started it out. Only to be followed by Spencer and Nicole’s wedding at The Homestead. This place was amazing and the rain was not going to keep these nuptials from happening. We partied the night away. The month of June finished with my sister’s wedding. This one was a blast. It’s always a show when my cousins and I get together. You never know what we’ll destroy. The golf carts were safe that weekend since we didn’t get a chance to hit the links. In October my friends Derek and Katie were married and it definitely lived up to their wild personalities. It was wild. The 2010 weddings finished up with Zeib and Amy in November with another wild weekend. Crystal, need I say more? I hope all of these couples have many years of happiness together.

The Baron also found a lady in 2010. The Baroness and I have been dating since May and things have been going great. We’ve both spent time traveling between the Virginia Plantation and her Mountain Vista. In August Spencer and Casey through a party for the two of us. If you were there you know why they party was thrown and if you were not you’ll have to figure it out. Anyways there was an Egyptian theme and a belly dancer. We all dressed up and hung out in a pyramid.

In April I made a trip to Indiana/Michigan to drive my mother out for my sister’s Wedding Shower. This was fun since I got to spend time drinking bourbon and smoking cigars with my brother. I also get to spend some time with my Grandmother.

In July I started working out…doctor’s orders. I decided to train to run a 5k which I did successfully complete in November. It was a lot of fun. Next is to get back in the gym and run another race so I can improve my time.

At the end of October the Baroness, my brother, and I attended O’Gradyfest once again hosted at the Rivah. It was another great weekend and the pig was amazing this year. I’m getting excited for this year just talking about it. RING THE BELL!!!! In case anyone was wondering, Brammer and I still were not beaten in corn hole in 2010. Bring it challengers…yeah I’m talking to you Tom.

December flew by this year with all the Christmas season activities. Christmas was great though. It was great spending time with the family. The Baroness and I went to Jacksonville for the Gator Bowl this year. Along the way we stopped in Savannah. After the game I witnessed, we should’ve stayed in Savannah. I know one thing we will return in the next couple of years.



That was my year in review. Bouncer and Rollins are still living the lazy life and enjoying it. The three of us are looking to move in the New Year.

So here’s to 2011. I know it will only be better than last year. (Challenge Accepted). Sweep the Leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |