Friday, September 17, 2010

Week 3 College Football Picks and Some Other Rankings

So far the Baron has been doing pretty good with his NCAA picks. My record stands at 11-3. The football season has lived up to all of my expectations so far. Michigan is out to a 2-0 start just like last year. This year I hope they stay the course. Denard “Shoelace” Robinson is a beast putting up 502 total yards against Notre Dame. The Big East and the ACC are waiting for basketball season to start again so they can flex their athletic muscles again. In case Duke Fans are confused you are playing Alabama’s football team this week. Oh and Bama’s defense hasn’t allowed an offensive touchdown all season. The SEC sits atop the college football world again right now which brings me to my conference rankings.

1) SEC
2) Big Ten
3) Big XII
4) Pac – 10
5) Mountain West
6) ACC
7) Big East

Now on to my weekly picks.
Michigan State over Notre Dame
Iowa over Arizona
WVU over Maryland
Stanford over Wake Forest
BYU over Florida State
Auburn over Clemson
East Carolina over Virginia Tech (sorry Tech fans but you did just lose to JMU)

My last installment for week 3 is going to be the 5 disappointments from week 2. I could write my top 5 or my bottom 5 but I will leave that to the professionals. This way I can point my finger at the teams that lost the previous week and remind them one last time that they failed epically.

1) Virginia Tech – I should congratulate JMU instead of poke more fun at the Hokies but that’s not the point. Tech lost to FCS JMU. I won’t say anything except now Hokie Nation knows how the Wolverines feel after losing to Appalachian State. I will give you this advice: 3 years later and it still hurts like the day I witnessed it in the Big House. The downside for Hokie fans is JMU probably isn’t winning the National Championship this year.

2) Minnesota – Even though you were not ranked like VA Tech you still lost to an opponent from a lesser league. Epic Fail! At least you have the colder months to look forward to in your year old outdoor stadium. If I were Minnesota I would schedule some teams from warmer climates for later in the season it could help get a win or two on the record.

3) Florida State - For a team looking at moving back into National Prominence they took a step back by getting beat by 30 points against Oklahoma. Sure OU was ranked, but if you want to be taken seriously this was not the way to get it done.

4) Georgia Tech – Another ACC team that showed it didn’t deserve its ranking and losing to unranked Kansas.

5) Georgia – Not a touchdown scored against a conference team. Either South Carolina is the real deal or Georgia isn’t very good.

Stay tuned for the Paris Hilton Idiot of the Week Award.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |